3D-design surprised me by becoming more fun. Thad really warmed up, and that class had a great atmosphere, even if sculpture is equally as challenging as drawing. We did an abstract as our last project, and props if you can figure mine out, because I have no idea what it morphed into...I was just along for the ride.
Honors...what can I even say? It ended up putting me through the wringer at the end...but in a way that ultimately really helped me. We did a final group project that involved not only your average academic-presentation powerpoint, but a performance piece involving music, art, and slam poetry. Yes, I performed some slam poetry. All I can say is that slam poets (and poets in general) have balls, man. I knew it was tough, don't get me wrong...but my conceptions didn't compare. And they weren't even MY words. Can't imagine. I also did a college collage (:)) piece that Nelsa aptly titled the Myriad of Chaos for the performance. It's in 10 pieces, which is something I've never done before, so that was cool. Got to talk about my process as an artist, which is always eye-opening...all in all, ask me about the experience sometime.
Philosophy was great, and I'm going to minor in it, I think. Good professors can make all the difference, and mine was fantastic. He's actually the husband of my honors teacher. Go figure, right? :) He said something at the beginning of the semester along the lines of: "If you truly believe what you believe, this class can only strengthen that, not break it down" and I found that some very sound wisdom. Seems a lot of people get offended when presented with different views because they feel doubt instead of affirmation. But I digress.
Biology was actually kind of terrible. Haha. I presented the WORST project of my entire academic career. Failed survey idea. Ask me about that too, and UNSafeway. Funny stories. Funny in that way where you kind of have to laugh so you won't cry. However, it was easy other than that. Humans are evil, blah blah blah, save the planet. Not that I'm anti saving the planet. It just gets a little depressing after a while.
Hm. As for home, packing and moving was a lot easier than I expected. Leaving people...not so much. I'm kind of horrible, and don't do goodbyes. I believe that if a person is worth a goodbye, you'll see them again, so there's no need to say goodbye anyway...and if they aren't, why bother? Don't get me wrong, I like last hang-out times and hugs, but they're not the end-all-be-all-must-have-etc. for me. So yeah, I miss my Western friends already. But I get to see my Mo-town friends and family, so it's okay.
Oh, speaking of family...we have another dog. Haha. He's a 2-mothish old black lab/German shepherd mix named Oscar. Cute, and he's gonna be HUGE...his paws are already gigantic. I adore big dogs, so that's exciting. And Sugar likes having a friend around, so yeah.
Hm. Oh, I start summer school on the 26th. I'm taking a bio class as my last science credit and also my last gen ed ever. Twice a week for a couple hours should be enough to keep me busy but not morph into something awful.
I signed the lease for a town-home with four of my friends for next semester...living is complicated (and expensive), but it should still be cheaper than the dorms, and plus we get to COOK. Ha. So that's exciting. And my official acceptance to the art program also means I get to stay in all of my art classes, which is also exciting...and will be very stressful, no doubt, but I'll love it.
I think that's all for now, since I have rambled and rambled. Love!

No comments:
Post a Comment