Sunday, May 31, 2009

When they tell you they love you, they love you like a one-night stand

I have a crush on: Poe, Jung, Shakespeare, Sartre, Jacques Brel, and my English professor from second semester at PPCC. The fact that the closest age gap/living man is 30 years my senior makes me think that maybe my gravitation towards older men is getting out of hand.

If it were financially possible and societally acceptable, a glass of wine would occupy one of my hands at all times.

Sometimes I look in the mirror and think I'm pretty. And then I feel totally lame, and find something to do.

Sarcasm is becoming trendy. Thing is, most people who say they're very sarcastic are, in fact, not. They remind me of men with huge trucks who claim they have a to-scale matching penis. Yeah, no one believes you.

I firmly believe that my quote list is better than anyone else's quote list. Because it is.

My biology teacher seems to be in complete shock at the course load of 47 chapters for one semester if her mantra of "47 chapters!" exclaimed at odd intervals or in reaction to virtually any question is indicative.

Speaking of biology, the second day I came in to find my previous seat occupied by some dude, and I contemplated whacking him upside the head with my textbook. I refrained. Barely.

I must admit, I enjoy driving pick-up trucks. Mostly because it messes with people's assumptions of who typically drives pick-up trucks, and the double-takes will never get old. That said, I'd never actually want to own a pick-up truck.

I've come to the realization that when I live with someone who has no quirks to work around, I become progressively more neurotic to compensate. It's kind of awful, but mostly interesting.

Just this past year I figured out the depth of my control issues. I did not think they were that deep or complex. I was wrong. I'm just a closet control-issue person instead of an out-right one.

This past year I also listened to more Britney Spears than I have in the entirety of my lifetime. I don't even know.

I'm already planning a note on facebook that has my fall school schedule as well as an explanation of what graphic design is so people might stop making valiant (but failed) attempts at guessing what my field entails. Strangely, it's more about saying what graphic designers do not do rather than what they do. 

Someday, I will be an excellent artist. I'm excited.

1 comment:

  1. :-D
    I love you.
    And if I looked like you, I'd look in the mirror ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete