Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You are polite, and I'm obscene, I'm very pleased to meet 'cha

So, new semester! It's almost the end of week one, and I'm struggling with not only going to bed at a decent hour, but also waking up when the clock still reads AM. Yeah, break pretty much killed my sensible routine. Oh well.
(Speaking of break, it was awesome. I got to spend lots of time with friends and family and puppy. :p)
Anyway. I have drawing, 3D design, honors, philosophy, and biology this semester. Also convocation, of course, but that doesn't really count. 
Drawing has actually been fun so far. Granted I've only finished the second day, but we're doing figure drawing this entire semester and I really like drawing people. Things completely bore me, people fascinate me. It's just the way I am, I 'spose. We did gesture drawing today, and it was really really fun. For those of you who don't know/haven't guessed, figure drawing entails nude models there to pose for the class. They're paid nicely, $15/hour (for full nude) and $8/hour (partially nude) if I remember correctly. I have no qualms with nudity, so...*shrug* I thought it was a blast, personally. It was funny, though, how many girls looked all nervous to have a naked dude around while all the guys only looked vaguely disappointed that he wasn't a chick. ;)
3D design is kind of a disappointment so far, but then again we haven't even started our first project yet, so I hold out hope. Going from Chase (2D design prof) to Thaddeus (3D design prof) is...difficult. And our first project is to construct a self-portrait bust using only 1/4" thick pieces of bristol paper and elmer's glue. To scale, of course. Everyone is freaking.out. Haha.
Honors is awesome thus far. I am in a class of 8, which has never before happened to me, but I enjoy it. We do nerdy things. It's pretty sa-weet. And the professor is chill.
Philosophy seems good, too. The professor definitely has a sense of humor and seems to be passionate about his subject yet laid back enough to find the value in what people have to say about it. He claims it is not a lecture course, it is a discussion course. Which I dig.
Biology is science, so I already know it's going to be somewhat of a bane to me. But, it's another 'discussion' course and it seems like the professor really wants us to pass and actually absorb information. If I keep up with all the work, it looks like I'll pass with a good grade. Lord willing. 
Just thought I'd post a beginning semester blog entry to let everyone know what's up.
Lovelove.


1 comment:

  1. sounds awesome! i will update you on my life soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete